WOW! Another year, another decade begins. Last year I made eight resolutions for the New Year. If you follow my blog, you probably know that I achieved some and fell short on others. Here are the results:
1. Keep a list of books read. I did that and shared some of them along the way. The grand total was 45 books in 52 weeks. If I had to pick a favorite, it would be The Help by Kathryn Stockett.
2. Lose twenty-five pounds. I lost eighteen!
3. Upgrade the upstairs. We spent several months painting two rooms and the hallway, having hardwood floors installed, and reorganizing. I am really pleased with the results.
4. Plan a 20th wedding anniversary getaway for me and Jim in 2011. Have some ideas, but no definite plans. Any suggestions?!?!
5. Photography Fun - I was hoping to take a photography class this year, but that didn't happen. What did happen? My daughters got me a Sony Nex3 camera which I am having a blast learning how to use.
6. Write. The only extra writing I did this year was blogging.
7. Trip to the Big Apple. I was hoping to spend several days in one of my favorite cities, but that wasn't possible. However, I did win free tickets to Lombardi and one of my friends and I took the train to NYC for the day, saw the show, and shopped!
8. Raise $7000.00 for JDRF. We raised close to $5000.00.
A New Day! A New Year! A New Life!
I am excited about 2011 for so many reasons. Last year we welcomed our 7th grandchild, Emme, into our growing family. We will soon be welcoming #8! Stay tuned for the news! Each new day is so special because all I have to do is think about my daughters and their families and I smile! We are so blessed.
I am also excited to establish new goals for the new year. Here are a few:
1. Continue logging what I read and aim for 52 books in 52 weeks! I just finished Laura Hillenbrand's Unbroken. I highly recommend it! I just started The Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet.
2. Lose the remaining seven pounds and 5 - 8 more.
3. Raise $6000.00 for JDRF.
4. Complete Project 52. Project 52 is taking a photo a week and scrapping a layout using that photo. I actually scrapped my first layout for this project yesterday!
5. Take a photography class. Haven't given up on this goal!
6. Travel - we have our annual family vacation planned for Virginia Beach and I will be going to Minneapolis to be the "nanny" for baby Andersen while his/her Mom attends the Tastefully Simple Convention. However, I still want to get back to New York City!
My motto is "Carpe Diem," Seize the Day! That's what I intend to do each new day of this great new year! I wish everyone a fabulous 2011 filled with joy!