Monday, June 22, 2009

MORE VACATION MOMENTS

One of the highlights of our vacation is going to the Virginia Beach Boardwalk Art Show.  The quality of the vendors is outstanding and we always enjoy seeing the amazing artwork in its various genres.  This year I discovered an artist whose work I just love.  Her name is Smadar Livne and she has a studio and gallery in Owings Mills!  She is an Israeli born artist who creates incredible fiber compositions, sculptures, and acrylics.  I fell in love with a fiber composition, but it was  not in my price range, so I bought two of her signed and numbered prints, one of which is the center section of the piece I loved. 
Here are a few of her pieces.  The colors are what originally drew me to her work. She has a website that you can visit: www.smadarlivne.com.
The following photos are taken at a lotus garden that is being preserved near where we stayed. It was difficult to get good pictures, because it was so windy that day, but I managed to get these few.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers