Saturday, February 26, 2011

DINNER WITH KARL ROVE!


This week my son-in-law Cory and I had a "date night!" Yes, that's right - we went on a date for a dinner featuring "The Architect" Karl Rove. I even got flowers! Cory and I are both news junkies and history buffs, so it was natural for us to want to hear a historic figure of the Bush administration.
While everyone was enjoying their meal, Mr. Rove went table to table to meet with each of the 500 attendees. He was warm, funny, and so gracious as everyone wanted to talk with him and get their picture taken.
I was impressed as he mesmerized the crowd with a rousing speech and never once used a note or teleprompter! His vast knowledge of economics, foreign diplomacy, and domestic issues was in evidence throughout his speech.
So touching were the stories about his relationship with our troops.
Everyone who attended the dinner received an autographed copy of his book. I am anxious to read it. He has overcome quite a challenging early life and I enjoy reading about how people face obstacles and break down barriers.
At the end of the evening, Cory and I decided to make "date night" an annual event!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers