Saturday, February 11, 2012

VALENTINES DAY PARTY TIME!

I love any excuse to make cupcakes and decorate the house, so with Valentine's Day approaching I thought it would be fun to plan a little party for the four grandkids who live close by. Their moms and dads would get a night out kid-free! I spent a few weeks planning the menu, the evening activities, and decorating. I loved reading some of my favorite blogs for ideas. This morning I made red velvet cupcakes, one of my favorite flavors!
Last week, Sasha, Clara, Dixon, and Emme made the adorable hearts that we turned into a sparkly banner behind the table. This was one of the blog ideas! Then I found these cute drink bottles along with the paper plates and napkins at The Dollar Tree - what a great place to get fun party gear so cheap!
Dinner was Tastefully Simple Vidalia Onion Crispy Chicken, veggies, and a melt-in-your mouth stovetop macaroni and cheese from a favorite blogger - Brown Eyed Baker. It was so good! I actually substituted gluten free elbow macaroni and the kiddos went for seconds!
We did two craft projects - bookmarks and wooden cupcake ornaments.
Then it was cupcake tasting time! I loved the way these cupcakes turned out!
Dixon was definitely focused on the cupcake! The kids wanted seconds of these, but I knew the parents would not appreciate kids on a sugar high! I sent some home with them!
It was unanimous that this is going to be an new annual tradition! We had so much fun!
I found all of these wonderful candies in pinks and reds, and white and each of the grandkids got to take a small bag and fill it with their choice of goodies.
Their little Valentine present bags contained a variety of goodies - books, art pencils, hair bows, and matchbox cars. On Valentine's Day - Tuesday night - Jim and I get to have our own date night. We are going to the Luhrs Center to see Fiddler on the Roof. Going to the theater is a wonderful way to spend Valentine's Day! I hope you enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers