Sunday, April 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Annisa!

I just can't believe that thirty-three years ago Annisa was born on a beautiful April spring day. I can remember that I cleaned out the garage that morning (nesting syndrome) and was not expecting to go into labor. Like Jennifer, she was early! Weighing in at 6 lbs 12 0z., she was a tiny bundle of joy! Now she has three bundles of joy of her own. Amazing!
For lunch I made a German Paprikash chicken recipe from the Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen website. The only change I made to the recipe was to use Tastefully Simple seasonings like Onion Onion, Garlic Pepper, and Seasoned Salt. I served it over rice and accompanied it with a salad and corn. I made her birthday cake from scratch, a Sour Cream Chocolate Cake with Sour Cream Chocolate Icing. Annisa loves chocolate and gave it up for Lent, so it was fitting she should have a chocolate cake.Sasha and Clara presented her with Giada's panini pan. It was unbelievably heavy and it took both sets of muscles to carry it to their mom.
Annisa loves to cook and is a good one. She is almost completely through cooking her way through Giada's cookbook!
After food and gifts, the girls created their entries for the Public Opinion's Mother's Day drawing contest.
Notice that they both have their mom smiling! Annisa is a great Mom and her girls know it!
Happy Birthday Annisa! May each one bring special moments and special memories!

2 comments:

  1. That is super sweet!!! What a great birthday! Cake looks yummy, my birthday is coming up, can you make a replay???!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a great lunch and fab gifts!!! Oh . . . and thanks for birthing me all those years ago! :) You're an awesome mom and a wonderful role model for me as I attempt to raise good citizens of the world. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Followers