Saturday, July 24, 2010

Checkmate!

While Jen and Annisa are out in Minneapolis at the Tastefully Simple National Convention where they have been sampling the new fall line and listening to awesome speakers, I have spent time with the grandkids!  It's such a tough job, but someone's got to do it!  Sasha, Clara, and Dixon spent the night Tuesday and we baked giant red velvet cupcakes, which the girls decorated beautifully! They also had fun surrounding Emme with some of their favorite stuffed animals. 
Then Wednesday evening I headed out to stay with Aidan, Ryan, and Kari!  Aidan and Ryan attended Kid's College to study backgammon and chess. 

What concentration!
On Friday they had an award's ceremony and the kids received medals for great sportsmanship and progress. Aidan almost won a third place trophy for backgammon.
Ryan was such a good sport!
Aidan was praised for coming so close to achieving third place!
Kari and I went shopping and even spent a little time at the pool.  I had such a good time with the kids playing some rigorous games of Monopoly.  Aidan trounced me both times and Ryan put up a good fight all the way to the finish.  I went bankrupt first every time and it wasn't because I didn't try. I had a blast  guys!  Miss you!
Can't wait to hear about all of the new Tastefully Simple products that Jen and Annisa have been sampling!  I am hoping that the GreenTea Peppercorn seasoning is returning to the new fall line.  It is one of my all time favorites.  Don't forget that next week is your chance to stock up on summer favorites before they leave the line!  Scroll down to my last blog for ordering details so that the proceeds benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers