Saturday, July 31, 2010

Taco Lasagna Anyone?

I am always looking for tasty, easy-to-make, inexpensive dinners.  This one was inspired by a "packaged" meal and is far more nutritious.  It is my Taco Lasagna!  First step is to brown a pound and a half of ground beef, drain the grease,  and then add two Old el Paso  Taco seasoning packets.  Simmer and then if you have them, sprinkle in some Tastefully Simple Southwest Seasoning, and Fiesta Party Dip Mix seasoning.  It takes Old El Paso to a new level of taste!  Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with Pam.  (My pretty "pan" is from QVC - Temptations bakeware - Love it!)  On the bottom of the pan place two tortillas.  I used a whole grain low carb tortilla, but you can use any kind.
Spread 1/3 of the ground beef mixture on top of the tortilla and sprinkle with your favorite shredded cheese.
Repeat with a layer of tortillas, ground beef and cheese two more times for a total of three layers.  How easy is that?  Bake about 20 minutes in 350 degree oven and Voila!
This dish will serve six to eight people.  I added a salad and it made a perfect meal!  I think that the next time I will sprinkle some crushed taco chips on top during the last few minutes of baking for some extra zing.

1 comment:

  1. It was delish! I'm definitely adding it to my menu list!

    ReplyDelete

Followers