Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Cupcakes, Layouts, Blog Posts, and More!


I fell in love with Crumbs Cupcakes in New York City last summer and have had fun making cupcakes ever since, although I can never come up to Crumbs quality.  They are amazing.  I have been wanting to try my hand at using decorating tools, so I bought Wilton's 12 piece cupcake decorating kit (only $8.00!) and today I gave it a whirl.   These are my first attempt:  a moist lemon cupcake with creamy chocolate frosting.  Take a look at the little star effects on the minis!
Then I used a variety of sprinkles , toffee crunch, and jimmies to top them off.  I was actually quite proud of the results, basic as they are!  Hopefully I will get better with each future attempt!
I have been trying to get a little scrapbooking done and on Saturday had a chance to digi scrap all day!  Here are a few of the layouts I was able to create. 


While working on my layouts, I was motivated to give my blog a new look.  I hope you like it! I also noticed that many of the blogs I have linked to my blog are either no longer functioning or had changed their blog address, so I updated and deleted links.  What was most fun was posting some new blog links that I have recently discovered that I really like - for many reasons.  For example, because I love cupcakes and baking, you might want to check out some of the new additions like "52 Cupcakes":
Aren't these amazing cupcakes!   These were crated for the fourth of July. Then we have "The Cupcake Project."  Take a look at these beauties and note the dog's expression!  I think he wants to dive into these goodies!
Not all my new blog lists are about cupcakes.  Check out the "Such Pretty Things" link and you will see images like this one:
"Not So Humble Pie" is a blog about food and this is a picture of an Indian dish called Masala Dosa.  Doesn't it look yummy!  The recipe does not look too complicated.  Just might have to make this one!
If you want or need a laugh, two blogs that will definitely tickle your funny bone are "The Creative Junkie" and "Cake Wrecks." Check out this cake:
Calling all digital photographers!  "Digital Photography School" is a new find and I have not had a chance to explore all the links  on this blog, but I can tell you, it is an awesome site!
If you are a fan of the theatre, especially Broadway, check out "Backstage Barbie." One of my fantabulous students from Greencastle-Antrim High School, recently graduated from college and is an amazing dancer and singer.  She worked in the Big Apple for a dance magazine last summer and got to see so many Broadway shows.  She is a theater aficionado and writes a wonderful blog.  These are just a sampling of the blogs I have posted.  Take some time to check them out!  Would love to hear about your favorite blogs and what you think of my redesigned blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers