Sunday, January 22, 2012

A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS . . .

Remember that wonderful song from The Sound of Music - "These Are a Few of My Favorite Things" - made popular by the wonderful Julie Andrews? I found myself humming along to that song as I made a DIY (Do it yourself) project that I saw on blog recently - a book wreath! It made me think about some of my favorite things, so I thought I would share a few. I love making things by hand, so I decided to start with my newest favorite project - the book wreath that I completed this afternoon. I even made the felt flowers that I found on Pinterest!
Another favorite is my red Kitchen Aid Mixer. I could bake every day with this baby!
A huge favorite of mine are Tastefully Simple products. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't use one or more of their seasonings and several times a week I make one of their soups, breads, desserts, or casseroles and crockpot meals using their awesome products. Tonight I made a taco lasagna with the Corn and Black Bean Salsa! Easy, low fat, low calories, and high in flavor! So glad all three daughters are Tastefully Simple Consultants!
Several years ago I fell in love with Polish pottery. When I was in Poland I missed the chance to bring back these beautiful pieces, so I started collecting by checking Ebay, Marshalls, and other places for good buys. I now have a complete dinnerware service for 10 and lots of serving pieces - all different patterns- love it!
Love making meals using Temptations cookware from QVC. This stuff is amazing! You can cook, freeze, and microwave it and it cleans so easily. Thanks QVC!
About ten years ago I started collecting Judaic art prints. I found this signed and numbered piece in Hell's Kitchen, NYC, at a flea market. It features an 18th Century Jewish wedding and is simply beautiful!
What English teacher doesn't love to read! I treasure my books, especially my autographed ones. These are just a few of my autographed books.
It's always nice to curl up with a good book and a good cup of coffee or tea. Keurig to the rescue! Love being able to make one fresh cup at a time!
A year and a half ago when I was in New York City, I discovered this wonderful fragrance, "Lola" by Marc Jacobs. My daughter got it for me for my birthday and I am on my second bottle!
Several years ago, Oprah listed Korres Guava body butter and shower gelon her list of favorite things. I stumbled upon it at Sephora in NYC and it has been a favorite of mine ever since! Lusciously wonderful!
So, what are some of YOUR favorite things? This was fun! Maybe I will do another list soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Martina, thank you for entering my contest and doing it so quick, too!! Those are really wonderful favorite things you have! I loved reading the story about you revitalizing the 12 days of Christmas song with your mother (who looks great by the way!) It brought tears to my eyes to think of how she must have felt hearing everyone! I think I might start that as a tradition, too, and get all my kids to join in!

    ReplyDelete

Followers