Monday, January 2, 2012

RESOLUTION TIME or NOT!

It's that time of year again when it seems as if EVERYONE is making New Year's Resolutions. The last two years I posted my resolutions and the results at year's end. This year I have resolved NOT to make resolutions. It's not that I can't keep them because I usually accomplish 85 - 90% of them. I just don't feel like it this year! It seems that each year it's the same ol' same ol' resolutions that we make and then hope like heck that we don't break! Usually those resolutions center around how much weight we are going to lose, how many books we will read, how much time we will spend with family and friends, where we will travel - you get the idea.

If I had some unique resolution like bungy jumping off the Brooklyn Bridge, I would share it. If I HAD to make a resolution for 2012, it would simply be to embrace and enjoy every day to its fullest, even when it may just be an ordinary day. Each day is a blessing and I am going practice the adage from one of my favorite films, Dead Poet's Society, - Carpe Diem! Seize the Day!

In the meantime, if anyone has a great resolution to share other than bungy jumping off the Brooklyn Bridge (never gonna happen!), let me know! Maybe I'll add it to my "Bucket List"! Oh, wait! I don't have a "Bucket List!" Carpe Diem!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers