Saturday, August 1, 2009

BOOKS AND OTHER STUFF!

Well, Over 100 books have made their way out of my collection so far.  I was glad that our local synagogue got some and that several history buffs and a bookstore that is expanding its WW II/Holocaust section were able to add to their collections.  On Wednesday another bookstore is coming to see them.  I ended up sneaking a few back into my collection because it is difficult parting with them! Don't tell anyone!
Right now I am in the throes of preparing for our Third Annual Scrapbooking Crop, October 24th, to benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.  Last year we raised $3200.00 and I am shooting for $4000.00 this year.  We are so fortunate that 100% of the proceeds can be donated because local businesses and individuals donate their products and services so that we have no out-of-pocket expenses.  I met a scrapbooker today whose 11 year-old nephew was recently diagnosed.  She has committed to coming to the crop. One of our silent auction donors, jeweler Andy Gartenberg, donated a diamond necklace because his niece has diabetes.  Unfortunately, it seems almost every family has a connection to someone with diabetes.  However, research looks promising for the development of an artificial pancreas and pancreatic transplants.  These breakthroughs could transform millions of lives! Pray for a cure!
Speaking of scrapbooking, I actually did some digi scrapping this week.  I had my upper wisdom teeth out on Wednesday.  I know you're thinking:  "At your age?"  Yes, at my age.  It only took about 15 minutes, but I was told to take it easy for a day or two, so I did some scrapping.  I tried posting a few pages, but blogger was not cooperating. I will try later!  Until then........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers